Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Roxy Burger

910 Granville St
Vancouver, BC
www.roxyburger.com




Guest Panelist: Kentish Anthony Steele III CANADIAN ROXY BURGER



BUFFALO BURGER


So, Roxie Burger, having 'burger' in it's name is a tough one...does it deserve a category all on it's own? I'm thinking anything with 'burger' or 'shack' is going to have to go on a separate page. Whatever, I'll deal with that later.

OK, so Kentish is a veteran of 'the strip'. We met when I was looking for an apartment and almost moved in with him...but I digress. He gave me some history behind the place. So, it used to be called the Planet Cafe and was supposedly one of the first casual bars in the Granville entertainment district. As the Strip began to change into more of a 'scene' new owners took it over, but always failed (suckas). So, the Roxy Night Club opened up next door, became wildly popular. To take advantage of the young-superdrunk-'i need a fucking burger, man' demographic, they opened up Roxy Burger next door.

Right. The burger. This is why I love going with someone else...you can order 2 different burgers and split them...Hence the combo-review.

So, after ordering a bucket of Bud and turning my attention to the hockey game I ordered the Buffalo Burger. It comes with the regs and a neat n' spicy chipotle ranch sauce. The presentation is frigin proper with the pickle mounting the top of the bun (yum). HOWEVER, the patty was super thin and dryer than the inside of Nicole Richie's veins. The sauce was good, though. AND, they provided a sog barrier (see previous blogs). Oh! And you can add tons of stuff: you know I had cheddar cheese, sauteed onions and mushrooms...BONUS

My Rating: If I wanted to eat some Nicole Richie I would have been present at her last lypo appointment. But nice pickle.

Kentish's burger: The Canadian Roxy Burger.
Every time there is 'Canadian' in the name you can be sure there will be bacon in it. Creative. So, this one went over a bit better. The patty was thick and juicy and made the whole thing super sloppy...Kentish added mushrooms which were great and it came with cheese at no extra charge. Again the presentation was really pretty. It was good, but not the highlight of my experiences...but a decent burger nonetheless.

My Rating: Meh...


No comments: