Monday, May 28, 2007

My Shame...




I'm just going get it out in the open before this affects my rep. While I claim to be a burger expert I was associated with a major burger disaster this weekend. Emily and I went over to a friend's house for a BBQ and we brought...oh my god, you guys, I am SO sorry...frozen patties. Ok, so I didn't cook them, the speed knitter did, but nonetheless...I still feel partially responsible as the accompaniment was the yam fries which i also fuk'd up. Anyway please, please don't judge me. I've cried enough already. My profound apologies.

BS

1 comment:

Dave said...

As an independent and objective reviewer of the afore mentioned debauchery that took place this past weekend at my own house, I can say that there were several extenuating circumstances that lead to said debauchery.
1st. Alcohol.
Alcohol is most likely (and for Jill's sake, better be damn certainly) one of the factors that contributed to the initial and rather pathetic cop out to even purchase the burgers, ahem, 'patties' in the first place, and lets hope it was the only one.
2nd. Alcohol.
Alcohol was also the second (and for the sake of Jill's reputation again, better be ) excuse for the 'patties' and yam fries having gone so wrong. while there was a certain amount of skill that went into prepping the burgers and fries there was very little attention, or effort placed on the actual cooking of the meat and/or starch.
3rd. Flavor injection.
While the idea of injecting raw flavor into your patty may sound appealing, it is often and certainly in this case impossible for the following reasons. Firstly the meat flavor injector was converted into a vodka n'cran mouth flavor director. although delicious and did add a full 4 feet to the distance you can drink from, this did detract from it's original purpose. Secondly the patties were overcooked to such a degree that all hope for any sort of moisture being added back into the burger was lost. The 'salt lick taters' as they've been dubbed would also have absorbed any and all remaining juice in your mouth and or burger. all for now. hoping for your sake this doesn't happen out on the ranch...