Monday, November 12, 2007

Diva at the Met







































Diva at the Met
645 Howe Street,Vancouver, BC
604.602.7788
This, like the previous post, is a breed of a different kind. I call this 'The Splurger'. The single most expensive burger I have encountered. It sounds dumb, I know...who would spend that much on the burger? Well, besides myself, apparently three diners , none other than the insipid Emily Oja, the magnanimous Thomas Kuzma and the only man that is willing to put up with me at the moment, Frederick Young (seriously, I'm a total mess. It's a wonder I know what pants are).
Diva at he Met, the Vancouver Metropolitan Hotel restaurant, if pretty much the epitome of pretension, if you're 4, 20-somethings dressed like they have embraced Skid Row (yes, we have standards). It's a nice Saturday afternoon. Thomas has donned his clip-on bow tie and Fred is vowing to embarrass me as much as humanly possible cuz he 'hates dates' and 'organized outings' (oh ya, he's a keeper). This is going to be fun.
Besides a few Japanese business men and some obese Americans we are the only others in the restaurant. I'm really glad I made reservations.
We all know why we are there but didn't really take into account how much it would cost to get drunk at this place. Well, its a lot. Whatever, marts all around.

I went into this experience thinking that this burger would be over-kill. My former colleagues at the CFS got me a gift certificate for my birthday to Diva just to make love to this burger. To caress it, kiss it's bosom, make it feel like the only burger in the world. They know me so well. I have waited this long (since June 13) to feel this burger. With seared foie gras, truffle aoli, wild mushroom ragout, short ribs and oh-so pleasure-inspiring rutabaga, lotus root chips, I thought it would be over-load...too much of a good thing...and to be frank, over-kill. Just too much to be burger-worthy. Too much meat, too much richness...too much mamby-pamby.
I WAS WRONG.

I know this is crude, but I creamed myself. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I've only had a couple orgasms that top this. You think I'm joking. Please send an email to request the video records.
If you have $36 to waste on Shangrila, NOW IS THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

My rating: Its sensual, it's balanced, its unlike any meat experience you have ever had. I crave its soft touch every day of my life. Diva you are my life-partner, my one-and-only, my Everest. 

No comments: