Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Templeton


1087 Granville Street (604) 685-4612





So, firstly, I must apologize for the lateness of this update. I have since been on hiadus - aka- on burger relief.
Sooooooooooooooooooooo, the Templeton. An apparent diner institution that I often get asked about. Well, after a weekend of trauma, myself and some of the buds hit the spot. We had tried to do the Raccoon Party, very unsucsessfully and were in need of a serious burger. Tom, Emily, Chris Miller, Dave Bestwick, Dave Walker and Jen Summers were all in attendence.
This place is pretty kitchy and the waitresses are...um... inattentive? Yup. Weeeeelllllllllllllll, Its all 'i'm the Fonz and I drank too much so Fuck you, whoooore' and all 'ya dude, we're pretending it's the fifties but we're gonna act like depressed grunge kids' and 'fuk u i suk at serving so go fuk yer self, alright...GOD!' Yup pretty nice....anyway.
The Burger: It was 100% organic beef, served with mush and onionion (fer extra...boo), had a sog barrier, yippee and a fukin' pickle. An all-round good burger...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Caesar salad was bangin' with homemade croutons...yumm. BUT - and this is the folie of organic shit - dry as FUK! It was pink but dry as Nicole Richie's fat deposits (omg gross - I just puked a little). But not the best burger as everyone keeps saying. It was Yum but not ....."someone pick me up off this dirty floor "Yum.

My Rating: Was this burger made 57 years ago or am I just eating a starved, abused ostridge?

No comments: