Friday, June 8, 2007

Hennessy Dining Lounge


53 West Broadway
Vancouver
I almost did this to the burger...

Well, this review was unplanned and on the spot...I kinda walked into it. So, I am doing PR for a new indie film coming out called Wannabe Macks by Blockknocker Productions. I was meeting with executive producers Brad Patterson and Mersad Khatami at Mersads restaurant Hennessy. We ended up discussing strategy over 2 of my favorite things...burgers and beer...but you all know that.

So, the burger: The Hennessy Brandy Burger...ok, these guys know what's up with burgers. Served on grilled ciabatta, with deep fried onions, crispy bacon and the regs, this burger is so well executed. And here's why. Their patties are made in house by their new chef, Robert Hedley, and - this is amazing - the patties are simmered in brandy, then brushed with more brandy and then broiled. It was like sex...except sex is better...But this was pretty close. These guys really know how to get on my good side and I was deeply impressed. Go...this place has great atmosphere, great tap selection and killer burgers. Nice job guys.

My rating: This is not just any other one night stand...i'm coming back for more, ya heard?

No comments: